In traditional casinos, this kind of trickery can not work. Upon entry into the establishment, an ID is systematically requested.
Minors can not enter the game room even:
– if they do not come to play: for example, they can not access the slot machine bar to drink a fruit juice
– if they are emancipated (that is to say if they are freed from the guardianship of their parents)
– if accompanied by one or more major persons who undertake to take them under their responsibility.
Several precautions are taken to prevent minors from playing money online:
– You must enter the date of birth at each connection
– In order for the account opened without a casino to be validated, several supporting documents, including a copy of an identity document and a bank / RIB statement, must be sent within 30 days. After this period, the account is suspended. 30 days later, if the documents have still not been provided, the account is deleted.
The illegal online casinos are much more permissive
Indeed, whatever the case, the problem is not really the online registration of the minor, which is evidenced by the number of minors who manage to play online. The difficulties arise especially when the latter wants to withdraw his earnings. Since he will not be able to prove that he is of age, it is at this point that casino tiers will refuse to pay him … and close his account.
Gambling allowed to minors
Are all forms of gambling formally forbidden to minors? No.
There are two types of gambling accessible to younger people;
– games with virtual money
– certain sites, subject to obtaining the prior agreement of the parents, make it possible to earn a few cents or points that can be converted into gifts.
According to the laws of the penal code and the decrease in force, the minor is authorized to take part in the lotos, raffles, traditional lotteries in an associative type local fetes foraines. A minor can not bet money in situations such as:
-paris sports / horse riding
-Places of Circle
-loterie commercial (draw / scratching)
Whether on the internet or in physical gaming circles, a minor emancipated, accompagne is not allowed to put in play real money.
Minors and dependence
Minors, especially adolescents, are attracted by everything that is prohibited: transgression gives them the impression of belonging to a circle of initiates and this mechanism is often described as the first step towards independence. Who did not smoke a cigarette being younger just because it was forbidden?
But miners are also more fragile and they can therefore more easily switch to addiction. The role of parents is therefore paramount. They must not only use certain educational tools (such as installing parental control on home computers), but also be attentive to changes in their child’s behavior.